The Bronx Cocktail is essentially a perfect martini with orange juice added. It was ranked number three in "The World's 10 Most Famous Cocktails in 1934", making it a very popular rival to the Martini (#1) and the Manhattan (#2). Today, it remains a popular choice in some markets, and is designated as an Official Cocktail by the International Bartender Association.
- 3.0 cl (6 parts) Gin
- 1.5 cl (3 parts) Sweet Red Vermouth
- 1.0 cl (2 parts) Dry Vermouth
- 1.5 cl (3 parts) Orange juice
- Pour all ingredients into shaker with ice cubes, shake well.
- Strain into chilled cocktail or martini glass.
- Bronx Cocktail from the Wikibooks Bartending Guide—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License