Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Use up a bountiful crop of farmer's market or homegrown tomatoes by broiling them. They make a tasty side dish or perhaps a light lunch.
- 3 large tomatoes or 6 small tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- Wash tomatoes and cut off stem ends.
- Cut large tomatoes in 1-inch slices; cut small tomatoes in half crosswise.
- Place cut side up on broiler pan.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dot each slice with butter.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Broil until tomatoes are soft and the bread crumbs are light brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serves 6.
Sources and Citations Edit
- Family Fare, Food Management and Recipes, USDA #1, 1950 and 1978