Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A salty, spicy treat that is also perfect for low carbers!
This recipe is for 4 servings. Preparing time: 20 minutes.
- 2 (¾ lb) blocks firm tofu, drained
- vegetable oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Asian hot red bean paste or miso
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the tofu into ½" slices.
- Lightly brushed a rimmed baking sheet(s) with vegetable oil, place the tofu in a single layer on the sheet(s) and lightly brush the top with oil.
- Broil, as close to the heat as possible until the tofu is lightly browned.
- Turn over and brown on the other side.
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, Splenda, garlic, sesame seeds and hot bean paste.
- Heat the soy mixture to a boil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Gently add the tofu in a single layer.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, spooning the mixture over the top of the tofu.
- Sprinkle with the green onions and serve.