Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Old El Paso
- ½ cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 4 beef boneless New York strip steaks (1½ pounds)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves or ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Mix salsa, beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice and ½ teaspoon of the chili powder.
- Cover and refrigerate while preparing beef.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Sprinkle both sides of beef with remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder and the oregano; gently press into beef.
- Place beef on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 6 minutes; turn.
- Broil 2 to 5 minutes longer for medium doneness.
- Serve with salsa.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 265 (Calories from Fat 100) | Fat 11g (Saturated 4g) | Cholesterol 85mg | Sodium 310mg | Potassium 620mg | Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 2g) | Protein 34g
- Diet exchanges: 7 Lean Meat | 1 Vegetable
- Weight Watcher Points: 6 Points