Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Old El Paso
- ½ cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 4 beef boneless New York strip steaks (1½ pounds)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves or ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Mix salsa, beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice and ½ teaspoon of the chili powder.
- Cover and refrigerate while preparing beef.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Sprinkle both sides of beef with remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder and the oregano; gently press into beef.
- Place beef on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 6 minutes; turn.
- Broil 2 to 5 minutes longer for medium doneness.
- Serve with salsa.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 265 (Calories from Fat 100) | Fat 11g (Saturated 4g) | Cholesterol 85mg | Sodium 310mg | Potassium 620mg | Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 2g) | Protein 34g
- Diet exchanges: 7 Lean Meat | 1 Vegetable
- Weight Watcher Points: 6 Points