Serves 2 – 3
- 1 lb fresh shiitake mushrooms or oyster mushrooms, stems removed
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the broiler.
- Clean the mushroom caps with a damp paper towel.
- Save the stems for stock or to flavor sauces.
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tbsp of the lemon juice, the garlic, 3 tbsp of the parsley, and the oil and pepper. Mix well.
- Line a 17x11" jelly roll pan with foil.
- Arrange the mushrooms,top side up, on the foil, and brush generously with the lemon juice mixture.
- Place the mushrooms 4 inches from the heat and broil until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle the mushrooms with the remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp of parsley, and pepper to taste.