- Cut the fish into pieces, after having washed and wiped it dry.
- Spread small pieces of garlic as deep as possible into the flesh of fish.
- Dip the pieces of fish in the flour.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron pan and place the fish in it once the oil is very hot.
- When the pieces are golden brown, add the tomatoes, sliced along the middle, add salt, and the other spices, and cover the pan.
- Let it simmer at low temperature for about 40 minutes. Check to see when it is ready, and add a few spoonfuls of water if necessary.
- Serve very hot, fresh off the fire.