Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 pounds broccoli, washed well
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 x 6 oz can water chestnuts, drained well
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon unbleached cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Begin by cutting the tops off the broccoli, then cut them into small florets, and set aside.
- Peel the stems of the broccoli, removing and discarding any tough parts; Cut the stems in half lengthwise, and then thinly slice them.
- In a wok or large non-stick skillet, stir-fry the sliced broccoli stems in the oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the reserved broccoli florets, ginger, and garlic, and stir-fry an additional 3 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add the water chestnuts and stir-fry for an additional 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, water, tamari, cornstarch, toasted sesame oil, and sugar, and whisk well to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Add the orange juice mixture to the wok, along with the orange zest, and cook stirring constantly until sauce has thickened.
- Transfer to a large bowl or platter for service.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 64
- Fat 4 Carbs 7 g
- Sodium 20 Mg
- Fiber 2 g