Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 stick of vegan margarine
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3½ cups boiling water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- pinch of turmeric
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of paprika
- Steam the broccoli, about 6 minutes.
- Prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Spread the cooked rice evenly over the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the broccoli over the rice and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the margarine in a medium frying pan over low heat.
- Beat in the flour with a whisk over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and bubbly, the whisk in the boiling water, salt, sot sauce, garlic and onion powders, and turmeric.
- Cook the sauce until it thickens and bubbles, then whip in the yeast.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli and rice, sprinkle the top with paprika, and bake for 15 minutes.