Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable of the Month: Broccoli by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1½ cups chopped broccoli (or 10-ounce pkg. frozen broccoli)
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups non-fat milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- dash pepper
- dash ground thyme
- ¼ cup grated Swiss cheese
- Place vegetables and broth in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook until vegetables are tender (about 8 minutes).
- Mix milk, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and thyme; add to cooked vegetables.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until soup is lightly thickened and mixture just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.