Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound frozen chopped Broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups chopped fresh Mushrooms (about 5 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup milk
- Combine rice and Broccoli in large mixing bowl.
- Cook Mushrooms, Onion and garlic in butter over medium heat until Onion is tender crisp. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Stir mixture into rice and Broccoli; mix well. Spoon into buttered shallow 2-quart baking pan or portion 1 cup mixture into buttered individual casseroles.
- Beat egg yolks with milk. Add Cheese, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into yolk mixture. Spread over rice mixture, or portion evenly over rice mixture in individual dishes (about 2/3 cup for each). Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes, or until mixture is hot and bubbly and top is lightly browned (15 to 20 minutes for casseroles).