Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine
- Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1¼ pounds broccoli
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- dash black pepper
- Trim broccoli, discarding tough part of stems. Cut broccoli into florets with 2-inch stems. Peel remaining broccoli stems; cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Bring 1 quart water to a boil in large saucepan over high heat. Add broccoli; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Cook, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until broccoli is fork-tender. Drain; arrange evenly in serving dish.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, parsley and pepper in small bowl. Pour over broccoli, turning to coat. Let stand, covered, 1 to 2 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Nutritional Information: Edit
- Fiber 3g | Carbohydrate 7g | Saturated Fat trace | Total Fat 2g | Calories from Fat 26% | Calories 44 | Protein 3g | Sodium 29mg
- Dietary Exchange: Vegetable 1½