Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine
- Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1¼ pounds broccoli
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- dash black pepper
- Trim broccoli, discarding tough part of stems. Cut broccoli into florets with 2-inch stems. Peel remaining broccoli stems; cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Bring 1 quart water to a boil in large saucepan over high heat. Add broccoli; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Cook, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until broccoli is fork-tender. Drain; arrange evenly in serving dish.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, parsley and pepper in small bowl. Pour over broccoli, turning to coat. Let stand, covered, 1 to 2 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Nutritional Information: Edit
- Fiber 3g | Carbohydrate 7g | Saturated Fat trace | Total Fat 2g | Calories from Fat 26% | Calories 44 | Protein 3g | Sodium 29mg
- Dietary Exchange: Vegetable 1½