Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable of the Month: Potato by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Time: 30 to 60 minutes; 15 minutes to melt cheese or to reheat.
- 6 medium Idaho potatoes
- 3 stalks broccoli
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Make shallow slits around the middle as if you were cutting the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Bake until done, 30 to 60 minutes, depending on size.
- Peel broccoli stems. Steam whole stalks just until tender and chop finely.
- Carefully slice the potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a bowl with the broccoli.
- Add the milk, 3/4 cup cheese and pepper.
- Mash together until the mixture is pale green with dark green flecks.
- Heap into the potato jackets and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven to heat through (about 15 minutes).