Raisins, Seedless by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 large head broccoli washed and trimmed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- ½ pound bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (optional)
- ¾ cup low fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- Cut broccoli into small florets and ½” stem pieces.
- Combine broccoli, onions, raisin, nuts (optional), and bacon (optional).
- In a small separate bowl, make dressing of mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar.
- Pour dressing over broccoli.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight to soften broccoli.
- Toss before serving.