Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rice Crisps Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups rice crisps (such as Rice Krispies)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 package (10 ounce) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed, drained
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt margarine.
- Combine rice crisps and 1 tablespoon of the melted margarine. Set aside for topping.
- To remaining margarine in pan, stir in flour.
- Add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in corn.
- Place broccoli in bottom of 10” x 6” x 2” (1½ quart) baking dish. Pour sauce evenly over broccoli. Sprinkle with cereal topping.
- Bake at 350°F about 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cereal has browned.