- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the Sugar and enough milk to mix to a soft dough
- Turn onto a floured surface, knead lightly and roll out to a 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch rounds and place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with milk to glaze.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes then cool on a wire rack. Serve with butter or clotted cream and jam.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.