Found in many a good pub on the lunch menu.
- 2 Apples, cored
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 lb cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 ounces Edam Cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 5 fluid ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Grate the Apples coarsely and sprinkle with lemon juice.
Place them in a large bowl with cabbage, carrot, Onion, Cheese and parsley; mix well.
Mix the sour cream with the milk, worcestershire sauce and seasoning.
Pour over the cabbage mixture and mix well.
Transfer to a serving dish.