Sri Lankan eggplant moju
- 450 g eggplant
- 100 g green bell peppers
- 150 g shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 slice ginger
- 250 ml oil
- 50 ml vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground mustard seed
- 1 tsp sugar
- Slice the eggplant and green pepper lengthways clean the shallots, crush the garlic and shred the ginger.
- Heat the oil and fry eggplant slices until browned.
- Remove, drain and set on one side.
- In the same oil lightly fry the bell peppers, green and shallots and when soft drain and set on one side.
- Pour off most of the oil and add garlic, ginger, vinegar, salt, turmeric and mustard to the pan and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the eggplant slices, green pepper and shallots and cook for a further 5 minutes.