Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves 18 to 20.
- 2 x 4½ oz herbed cheese (1 (rondele or boursin)
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 2 lbs wheel brie cheese
- 1 lbs frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tsp water
- 1 egg for wash
- Mix the ream with the herbed cheese, spread on top of brie.
- Roll out both sheets of puff pastry to 14" squares.
- Place brie in center of first square, and cut circle 2" larger than the brie.
- Brush pastry with the egg wash, center the bottom of the brie on pastry.
- Make diagonal cuts in the edge of the pastry; brush with the egg wash, if it becomes dry, and fold against the side of the brie.
- Diagonal slits will help the pastry fit better now, cut a second round of pastry from the other 14" square, egg wash, and then place the on top of the brie in the center.
- Make more diagonal slits to fit.
- Use egg wash if necessary, and firmly press pastry dough to the sides of the brie.
- With a sharp knife, trim the excess.
- Take the scraps of pastry and make decorations, etc.
- You may cover this and refrigerate overnight, or at this point, freeze for up to 2 weeks before serving, bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Let it rest at room temperature for 2 hours before serving or the cheese will be too soft to cut.
- Serve this cut in small wedges.