Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 whole chicken breast halved, boned and skinned
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 scallions sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- ⅓ cup pimento-stuffed green olives sliced
- 1 lime quartered
- 2 parsley sprigs.
- Flatten chicken breast halves between two sheets of waxed paper with the side of a cleaver or rolling pin.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Dredge chicken pieces in seasoned flour and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in frying pan then add scallions and garlic.
- Saute and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a heated dish.
- Add butter to the same frying pan.
- Add chicken pieces when the butter is bubbly then fry chicken until brown.
- Increase heat to high then add sherry, lime juice, Tabasco sauce, sliced and reserved scallions and garlic.
- Cook less than 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to heated serving plates.
- Spoon the sauce from the pan over the chicken.
- Garnish with lime quarters and parsley sprigs.