Makes 12 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Cheddar or American cheese, divided
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 2-ounce jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon paprika for garnish
- Combine rice, 3/4 cup Cheese, and 2 eggs (slightly beaten) in large bowl.
- Press mixture equally into bottoms and sides of 12 greased muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees 5 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Blend chiles, pimientos, cumin, salt, pepper, milk, and remaining 1/2 cup Cheese and 2 eggs in small bowl; pour equally into cups.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Return to oven; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until set.