Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Aunt Maggie’s Collection. Dated 1922
- Cut the Pork into small pieces and crack the bone and put it all into a large kettle.
- Add the cold water and cook until the meat is tender.
- Remove the bone and measure the liquid that remains.
- Add enough water to make one quart.
- Heat to the boiling and stir in the corn meal.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for 2 hours.
- As you cook this you’ll see the meat turning into shreds.
- When ready to use, cut into slices and sauté.