Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager Estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup cooked ham cubed
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- 12 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs
- In medium saucepan over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons butter then add flour, salt and pepper and stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Gradually add milk then cook until thickened and bubbly whisking constantly.
- Once thickened remove from heat and stir in cheese and stir until melted then set aside.
- In large skillet melt 3tablespoons butter then sauté ham and onions until lightly browned.
- Add eggs and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cheese sauce then mix well.
- Pour into well greased baking dish.
- In medium saucepan melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.