- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 1 pound reduce-fat kielbasa or breakfast sausages
- 1 bunch fresh sage (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 °F. Lightly coat baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray. In small bowl, combine water and lemon juice. Core Apples and cut each lengthwise into quarters; cut each quarter into 4 wedges. Soak slices in lemon water 1 minute; drain.
- Cut kielbasa diagonally into 24 ½-inch-thick oval slices. On wooden or metal skewers, alternately thread 4 slices or Apple and 3 slices kielbasa, beginning and ending with Apple. (Kielbasa should be threaded through skin side-not cut side.)
- Roast kabobs, turning occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until Apple slices soften and kielbasa browns. Set on bed of sage leaves, if desired, and serve.