- 4 veal steaks
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt, garlic powder, parsley, lemon juice
- bread crumbs for coating
- vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 4 thin slices of cooked ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 fried eggs
- Flatten the steaks by pounding with a meat mallet until quite thin.
- Place the eggs in a wide shallow dish together with the salt, garlic powder and chopped parsley and lightly beat with a fork.
- Coat the steaks on all sides, first in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Heat the oil in two large frying pans then add the coated steaks and fry for 2–3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Drain on kitchen towels and transfer to the grill rack.
- Place a slice of ham on each steak, top with a slice of cheese then grill for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Place 1 fried egg on top of each and serve immediately.