In Romanian: Salau mic pane
- 2 lbs / 1 kg small perch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- bread crumbs
- 1 lemon
- 4 – 5 tablespoons oil
- Clean and wash the fish, salt and let sit for a half hour.
- Dry each fish with a clean cloth, dredge first with the eggs beaten with the milk, then with the flour, then again with the eggs and then with the bread crumbs.
- Hold the fish's head with one hand and the tail with the other, while dredging with the bread crumbs so that it is uniformly covered.
- Fry in hot oil, at low temperature, so that it does not burn.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish with the quartered lemon.