Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bread and Butter Pudding
- 75 g (3 oz) butter
- 6 slices white bread
- 50 g (2 oz) dried fruit
- 1 tbsp chopped mixed peel
- 50 g (2 oz) soft light brown sugar
- 3 beaten eggs
- 600 ml (1 pint) milk
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C / 325°F / gas 3.
- Butter a 1.1 litre (2 pint) oven-proof dish.
- Butter the bread, then cut off the crusts and cut the slices into triangles, squares or fingers.
- Arrange half the bread in the dish.
- Scatter over the dried fruit, mixed peel and half the sugar, then add the remaining bread.
- Beat together the eggs and milk, then pour into the dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and leave to stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes until set and crisp on top.