Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Marlboro Country Cookbook
- Makes about 9 pints.
- 10 pickling cucumbers
- 10 small onions
- ⅔ cup salt
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 2¾ cups sugar
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Wash and dry cucumbers; cut into thin slices.
- Peel onions and cut into thin slices.
- Mix cucumbers, onions and salt; let stand 4 hours.
- Rinse cucumbers and onions under cold running water. Drain thoroughly.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed and turmeric in a large non-reactive cooking pot. Heat to boiling.
- Add cucumbers and onions. Bring to a boil, reduce heat a and cook at a slow boil for 30 minutes.
- Pack into sterilized jars. Adjust lids and process for 15 Minutes in a hot water bath.