Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Wagner Estate in Wichita Falls, Texas in 1990. Note on card indicates this is a holiday family favorite. Dated 1927. This one is a mainstay in my house. I have made it at least a dozen times for dinner guests. Yummy.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices dry bread cubed
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 10" skillet heat sugar over low heat without stirring until it begins to melt.
- After sugar starts to melt, stir constantly for 3 to 5 minutes until light brown.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Heat and stir until sugar is re-melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir hot milk mixture into eggs, stir in vanilla and salt.
- Place bread cubes in ungreased baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over all.
- Sprinkle pecans and raisins on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.