Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup coarsely chopped dry roasted pecans
- 5 cups very stale French or Italian bread cubes with crust on (may substitute sourdough bread)
Lemon sauce Edit
- 1 lemon, halved
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat eggs on high speed until extremely frothy and bubbles are the size of pinheads, about 3 minutes (or with a metal whisk about 6 minutes).
- Add sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and butter and beat on high until well blended.
- Beat in milk, then stir in raisins and pecans.
- Place bread cubes in a greased loaf pan.
- Pour egg mixture over them and toss until bread is soaked.
- Let sit until you see only a narrow bead of liquid around pan's edges, about 45 minutes, patting bread down into liquid occasionally.
- Place in preheated 350 °F oven.
- Immediately lower heat to 300 °F and bake 40minutes and puffy, about 15 – 20 minutes more.
- To serve, put a slice of bread pudding on a dessert plate and pour lemon sauce on top.
Lemon sauce Edit
- Squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from lemon halves and place juice in 1-quart saucepan; add lemon halves, water, sugar and bring to boil.
- Stir in dissolved cornstarch and vanilla.
- Cook 1 minute over high heat,stirring constantly.
- Strain, squeezing sauce from lemon rinds.
- Makes about ¾ cup.
- Serve warm over bread pudding slice.