Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves: 8 muffins
These freeze well and can be reheated in the microwave or toasted.
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour (or more)
- 1½ teaspoons dry yeast
- corn meal (not corn starch)
- Put ingredients in the machine in the order listed.
- Start the dough cycle.
- When the cycle is finished (the dough should be soft but not sticky).
- Sprinkle corn meal over your work area.
- Use your hands to pat the dough into a ½ inch thick rectangle.
- Turn the dough so that each side gets lightly coated with cornmeal.
- Cut into 8 rounds (a large scone cutter or a large can works well)
- When you run out of dough gather up the trimmings and cut more rounds. Place the rounds on a baking sheet, cover and let rise for 20- 30 minutes--until not quite double.
- Heat a dry cast iron skillet or griddle over a low flame (can use some non stick spay).
- Cook the muffins about 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- They should be golden brown when you turn them.
- Split the muffins with a fork or serrated knife and serve warm.
Instead of using cutter divide it into eight equal pieces and pat each piece into a ½" thick round. Then, turn each round in dish of corn meal.