- 1½ head mixed romaine and leaf lettuce, washed well, gently patted dry
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 can (14-oz) hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1 can (6-oz) drained black olives
- 1 can (15-oz) drained garbanzo beans
- fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- olive oil
- Line serving platter with large lettuce leaves.
- Break the remaining lettuce into bite size pieces and place over the top of the large leaves.
- Arrange tomato slices, overlapping down the center of the lettuce bed, tucking onion slices in between the tomatoes.
- Arrange sliced hearts of palm next to the tomatoes.
- Add rows of and garbanzos.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley and olive oil or other favorite dressing on the side.