Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Wash the beans and soak, them, covered, for 4 hours.
- Drain and add water or stock.
- Add salt.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer, covered, for 1½ hours.
- Sautee the vegetables and garlic.
- Add cumin and corriander.
- Cook until vegetables are soft, adding water if needed.
- Add veggies to cooking beans.
- About 10 minutes before beans are ready add the oranges, orange and lemon juice, sherry, black and red pepper.
- Stir, cover, cook 10 more minutes.