Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 65 ml butter or margarine
- 75 ml castor sugar
- 60 g black treacle
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 125 ml cake flour, sifted
- 2 ml salt
- 5 ml ground ginger
- Place the butter or margarine, castor sugar, treacle and lemon juice in a saucepan and simmer over moderate heat until the butter has melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the stove. Add the flour, salt and ginger and mix well.
- Drop 2 - 3 teaspoonfuls of the batter, 12 cm apart, on well-greased baking sheets and bake at 190 °C for about 5 minutes, or until rich brown and well spread out. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the brandy snaps to cool for no more than 1 minute. While still warm, wrap each biscuit around the handle of a wooden spoon to make a roll. Allow them to firm before removing the handle and lifting them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Store in an airtight container until needed, then serve filled with whipped cream laced with brandy.