- First rub the shortening to a cream.
- Add the sugar, molasses, and salt, and beat till it is light and creamy, then add the egg, and beat well.
- Stir in the flour, bran, nuts, and currants.
- Oil hands, and form the dough into balls with the hands.
- Lay the balls on an oiled pan, flatten them to a thickness of one-fourth inch, then bake them.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.