- Serves 6 – 8, approx £0.60 per portion
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Copyright Phil Vickery
- 2 medium Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 4 tbsp soft brown sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 55 g bitter chocolate, finely grated
- 10 sponge fingers
- 1 pint ready made, low fat custard,
- 450 g thick yoghurt
- Place the apples, brown sugar, juice and zest of lemon into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil stirring occasionally, then turn down the heat, and cook until soft and pulpy; about 15 minutes. You may need to add a little more water if the mixture is too thick!! Then cool.
- Grate the chocolate carefully on a cheese grater, then chill well, or pop into the freezer.
- Place a large bowl or bowls on the work surface, then spoon half of the apple into the bottom.
- Break up the Savoy biscuits and sprinkle over the apple.
- Then spoon over half the custard
- Next, half the yoghurt.
- Then repeat: apple, custard and yoghurt, then finally sprinkle over the chocolate.
And serve, it will look fantastic!!!!!!!