Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. chili powder, preferably Mexican
- 3 cups peeled, cubed winter Squash ( 3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch squares
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 5 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 10 large tomatillos (8 oz.), husked, rinsed and quartered
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add tomatillos, garlic, oregano, coriander and chili powder and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes.
Stir in 1 1/2 cups water, cover, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add Squash and salt and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover partially and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and continue simmering, partially covered, until Squash is almost tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in corn and simmer, partially covered, until all vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and a little more salt if necessary. Serve hot, garnished with cilantro if desired.