Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 5 medium leeks
- 1½ Tbs. olive oil or butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 peeled slices butternut squash, about ½ inch thick, halved
- 2 medium all-purpose potatoes, scrubbed and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- Trim root ends of leeks, leaving white bulbs and about 2 inches of light green. Cut leeks in half lengthwise, removing and discarding outer layer. Fan layers and rinse under cold running water to remove grit.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks, cut sides down, and bay leaf. Cook until leeks are lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add carrots, squash, potatoes, ⅓ cup of broth and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook over medium heat 15 minutes.
- Add remaining broth in two stages, as liquid cooks off. (You want to end up with a saucy glaze. If there’s too much liquid in pan when almost done, remove lid to reduce glaze. If there’s too little, add a tablespoon or so of water.)
- After 12 to 15 minutes, all vegetables should be tender.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.