Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Miller Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1994. Dated 1968.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 8 globe artichokes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 lamb shanks, trimmed
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 sprig thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chickpeas, soaked in water overnight, then drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Trim artichokes and place in a bowl of water with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Heat olive oil in a large roasting pan or flame-proof casserole and cook lamb shanks, in batches, until browned all over.
- Remove shanks and discard all but 2 tablespoons fat from pan.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery and cook over low heat until soft.
- Stir in stock, thyme and cumin and season to taste.
- Bring to boil, add lamb shanks and drained chickpeas.
- Place in oven covered and bake at 300°F for an hour.
- Drain artichokes, add to lamb and cook, covered, a further 30 – 45 minutes, or until lamb is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.