Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Tibbenham Estate in Anna, Texas in 1997. Notation on card says “great comfort food”. Benji loves it. Dated 1932.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 6 lamb shanks
- ⅓ cup cooking oil
- 2 medium sized white onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 carrots, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 7½ ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup water
- Heat oil in large saucepan and brown shanks in hot oil.
- Remove shanks.
- Add vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add shanks, garlic powder, salt, pepper, rosemary and bay leaf.
- Combine bouillon cube and boiling water; add to meat and vegetable mixture.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Cover tightly and simmer for about 2 hours or until shanks are tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Combine flour and water; stir into mixture, stir and cook until thickened.