- ¼ cup water
- 1 lb kale, stemmed and torn into large pieces
- 1 cup diced uncooked red potatoes, with skins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped or sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan of salted water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large, wide skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic and cook, stirring often, until shallots are soft and mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add kale to mushroom mixture and cook, stirring often, 1 minute.
- Add water and cooked potatoes.
- Cover and cook until kale is bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.