- 75 g butter or margarine
- 1,5 – 2 kg guineafowl, cut into portions
- 12 small onions
- 10 ml salt
- 2 ml milled pepper
- 5 ml chopped fresh mixed herbs
- 250 ml cream of natural yoghurt
- 15 ml paprika
- juice of ½ lemon
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large saucepan or casserole and brown the guineafowl pieces on all sides to seal in the juices.
- Add the onions to the saucepan and sauté for approximately 1 - 1½ hours, or until tender, adding a little water or chicken stock if the meat becomes too dry.
- Stir in the cream or yoghurt, paprika and lemon juice and serve on boiled brown rice, accompanied by stewed dried peaches or apricots.