Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 16 1/2 x 4-lb. duckling
- 4 oz butter
- 2 x onions
- 2 x carrots
- 1 cup brandy or wine
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 lb young sliced turnips
- 2 oz butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Brown Duck on all sides in a casserole. Put in the onions and sliced carrots, browning them also.
- Pour in the Liquor and all the stock with salt and pepper. Place in a moderate oven at 350:F and baste frequently.
- When Duck is ready, keep it warm. Strain the liquid, remove vegetables and reduce the sauce.
- Serve with the young turnips which have been cooking whilst Duck was braising. Blanch the turnips first, then sauti in butter.