- 5 lb to 5½ pound duck
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken stock, fresh or canned
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 fresh hot chile
- ½ cup strained fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp strained fresh lime juice
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet bell pepper
- ¼ ts salt
- In a heavy casserole, heat the oil over moderate heat until a light haze forms above it.
- Add the duck and, turning it frequently cook for about 15 minutes,.
- Cover tightly and braise in the middle of the oven for 1 hour.
- Mix in the orange juice, lime juice, sweet bell pepper and salt.
- Cover tightly and return the duck to the oven for about 15 minutes.