Braised Belgian endives are one of the finest appetizers you can make, for your lunch or as a starter in the later afternoon. The preparation is quite basic and is less than an hour. You can warm your Endives hours later and they'll taste just better ! Endive is one of the famous parts of many types food in the Belgian culture. Below you'll find the ingredients for 4 servings.
- Remove the outer leaves of the Endives and cut the extrimity. Refresh the cut at the other side, and about 1/2 inch into the Endive to remove the hard part of the trunk.
- Take a pan with cover, large enough to place all the Endives in a single layer.
- Add the butter and melt it.
- Heat up and when it begins to simmer, put the Endives in the butter.
- Let it bake brown on all sides and lower the flame.
- Add some salt, the garlic clove cut in small slices and a thyme branch.
- Add a turn of the pepper mil and cover.
- Let it cook on a very low flame during 30 up to 45 minutes. Check the contents from time to time to see if it doesn't burn.