Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Braised Belgian endives are one of the finest appetizers you can make, for your lunch or as a starter in the later afternoon. The preparation is quite basic and is less than an hour. You can warm your Endives hours later and they'll taste just better ! Endive is one of the famous parts of many types food in the Belgian culture. Below you'll find the ingredients for 4 servings.
- Remove the outer leaves of the Endives and cut the extrimity. Refresh the cut at the other side, and about 1/2 inch into the Endive to remove the hard part of the trunk.
- Take a pan with cover, large enough to place all the Endives in a single layer.
- Add the butter and melt it.
- Heat up and when it begins to simmer, put the Endives in the butter.
- Let it bake brown on all sides and lower the flame.
- Add some salt, the garlic clove cut in small slices and a thyme branch.
- Add a turn of the pepper mil and cover.
- Let it cook on a very low flame during 30 up to 45 minutes. Check the contents from time to time to see if it doesn't burn.