Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 3½ oz (100 g) young bamboo shoots, fresh or canned
- ½ oz (15 g) rock sugar (or substitute)
- 2¼ lb. (1 kg ) lean boneless beef
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp ginger, sliced
- 2 tbsp salted fermented soybean
- 2 tsp scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 10 whole Szechuan peppercorns
- 3½ tbsp rice wine
- 1 star anise
- Soak the bamboo shoots in cold water and cut into small pieces.
- Blanch quickly in boiling water, drain, and rinse in cold water.
- Set aside.
- Cut the beef into 1 inch (3 cm ) chunks and place in a pot with cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and skim off the foam.
- Then add the ginger, scallion, peppercorns, and star anise.
- Bring back to a boil and add the sugar.
- Stir until it dissolves.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer.
- While the beef is cooking heat the oil until the surface ripples.
- Add the soybean paste and stir-fry until it turns slightly red.
- Add to the beef.
- When the beef has cooked for about one hour, add the salt, rice wine and the bamboo shoots.
- Stew the beef another hour until it is very tender, and serve.