Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wilmot Estate in Rowlett, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 medium artichokes
- 1 lemon halved
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups small white onions peeled
- 2 carrots sliced
- ¼ pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ cups chicken stock
Bouquet Garni Edit
- Cut off the top third of each artichoke and rub the cut edges with a lemon half them trim any dried portion from the stem.
- With scissors snip off the small leaves at the base and the points of the leaves.
- Scoop out the choke of each artichoke with a spoon and season the inside with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Rub all cut surfaces with a lemon half and transfer the artichokes to a bowl of cold water.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat warm the oil until hot.
- Add the onions and carrots and cook the vegetables stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper then cook the mixture stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add the artichokes and turn them to coat with oil then add the vinegar, wine, stock and bouquet garni which has been tied together with string.
- Bring the liquid to a boil then cover the mixture with a buttered round of wax paper and the lid and braise on low heat basting artichokes with the cooking liquid once or twice for 40 minutes.
- Serve vegetables with a little sauce poured over the top.