Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 calf's brain
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime or lemon
- 1 egg
- bread crumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 or 2 tomatoes
- Put the calf's brain into fast boiling water and boil for 10 minutes to firm up. Remove from the water and leave to cool.
- Chop finely, removing the outer membrane. Add salt, pepper and a drop of lemon or lime juice.
- Beat the egg and add enough to the mixture to bind it.
- Take about a dessertspoonful of the mixture, shape, brush over with the remainder of the egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Place on a dish with a heap of fried parsley and a few slices of tomato.