This fresh cheesecake is made and packed with real boysenberries, cream cheese, and milk, enriched with gelatin and lemon juice, and topped with other berries to make it look divine.
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl, press over base and side of a 20-cm (8") springform pan, and refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make the cheese filling, beat cream cheese until creamy; gradually mix up with the condensed milk.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of gelatin over the combined lemon juice and 7 tablespoons water in a small bowl.
- Stand a bowl in a pan of the remaining 8 tablespoons of simmering water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Quickly stir the gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture; blend in the cream. Mix well.
- To make the boysenberry filling, blend boysenberries and syrup; push through the sieve to remove seeds.
- Sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoons of gelatin over water in a cup.
- Stand a cup in a pan of simmering water; stir until dissolved.
- Quickly stir gelatin mixture into the boysenberry mixture. Mix well.
- Pour both half of the cheese filling and half of the berry filling into the biscuit base and over the cheese filling, respectively; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spread the remaining cheese filling over berry filling; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top with the remaining berry filling; refrigerate for several hours, or until firm.
- Decorate with extra cream and berries, if desired. Serve cold and plain or with any dessert or fruit.