Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This dish is served to children, young and old, on 6th December (St. Nicholas Day) each year.
- Sift flour into a large bowl and make a well in the center for the yeast.
- Add a tbsp of sugar and a bit of warm milk.
- Mix a bit to just get the ingredients together.
- Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes whip one egg with the butter and add to the dough along with the rest of the milk, butter and salt.
- Mix well and knead the dough.
- Leave to rise for about 20 minutes.
- Knead the dough again, then on a floured surface, make little men out of the dough and put them on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Allow to rise again for 20 minutes.
- Brush them with beaten egg then bake them for 20 to 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C to 200°C.
- Once baked, the boxemännercher can be iced.
- Just dissolve half a cup of powdered sugar in a bit of water and brush onto the little men.