Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beef-stuffed pastry rolls
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ lb ground beef
- 6 phyllo sheets, 12x17" each
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- lemon wedges for serving
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet, add the onion and stir-fry over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef, salt and pepper and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Then add the egg and parsley and fry for 1 minute more.
- Cool well.
- Take 1 phyllo sheet and spread it out flat with a short end nearest you.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of the beef mixture 2 inches in from the short edge.
- Fold both long sides in toward the middle, beginning with the short end roll the phyllo to shape a packet 4 inches long and 1½ inches wide.
- Repeat with all the remaining phyllo sheets and stuffing.
- Set aside.
- Put the balance of the oil in a skillet over moderate/low heat and add the rolls.
- Brown on both sides for about 3 minutes; the low heat prevents the very thin pastry sheets from burning.
- Drain the rolls on paper towels for a minute.
- Serve warm with a squeeze of lemon juice.